Our journey to real food has officially commenced! If you are unsure what this video series is about, I encourage you to check out the introduction video here.
Step 1: Learn How to Read Labels
Out of all the possible things there are to learn about real food, I believe learning how to read labels is the most important one of them all. And I’m not talking about the nutrition facts. In the video today, I’m sharing my 3 best tips to help you read labels with ease.
In the video, I mentioned I did not want to go into specific details about GMOs because it can literally be discussed for hours on end. If you want literature that is easy-to-read and enticing, you’ll want to check out my eBook, Unraveling GMOs. Whether you are a newbie to GMOs or an avid activist, Unraveling GMOs gets the job done on educating and inspiring.
As promised, here are a few links I think will help you have a better understanding of what GMOs are and why they are so controversial. The first link I’ve provided is the list of derivatives (or hidden sources) of GMOs — make sure you check that one out first so you know what to look for.
GMO Help & Health-Related Links:
- Invisible Derivatives of GMOs
- GMOs for Newbies
- 10 Things You May Not Know About GMOs
- GMO Free Living (info on where to find GMO free bedding and such)
- Who’s Playing Monopoly with Our Food Supply?
- Genetic Modification: A Concern for Us All
- What is the Difference Between Hybridization and Genetic Modification? And, Why Are GMOs bad?
- The Chronically Have the Right to Know What is in Their Food
- GMO Awareness: What Does it Mean for Us?
- What is a Second Generation GMO?
- 30 Hidden Sources of GMOs in Our Diet
- Which Companies Don’t Want GMOs Labeled?
GMOs in the News:
- Breaking News! GM Alfalfa Contamination Halts Exports!
- Action Alert! Say No to FrankenApples!
- New Genetically Engineered Vanilla to Hit the Ice Cream Shop Near You
- Groundbreaking NEW Study on GMOs and Pigs
Reading Labels to Find GMOs:
- GMOs Are In What!? Edition 1 Arnold’s Healthy Multi-grain Bread
- GMOs Are In What!? Edition 2 Newman’s Own Newman O’s
- GMOs Are In What!? Edition 3 Kashi Go Lean Cereal
- GMOs Are In What!? Edition 4 Gerber’s Graduates Lil’ Entrees
- GMOs Are In What!? Edition 5 Purina Cat Chow Naturals
- GMOs Are In What!? Edition 6 Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant Cookies
Your Challenge This Week – Practice Reading Labels
Okay guys this is where the fun begins! Make sure you grab 5 different products over the course of this week, read them, and come back and tell me what you thought. I want to know if you were shocked to read what is in the food you’ve been eating or if you had problems figuring out how to read labels.
See you next week!